Thursday, August 02, 2007

The every day life

It's strange how fast life turns into "vardag" (everyday normal life). First week in Frankfurt was filled with new stuff and I was full of energy! But now the normal state of mind is back - the feeling of the days just passing without getting anywhere. It's not all true, though. After all I have taken small steps every day - buying new bed linen and an epilator, gotten the phone numbers to some people in the canoe club, talked to John about gong-fu clubs and have been out running quite a lot, slowly getting my body in shape again. But the wait!!! Waiting for computer access (and a computer and a phone) at work. Waiting for the 23rd when I will go back to Sweden to get all the stuff I will need and drive it all down with my father in his car. Waiting for Spain tonight!!! :D Waiting for the people at my company to get back from their vacations so I can get some answers on how to do with all the travel expenses. Waiting for some meaningful duties at work.

Oh, am I negative! :) But I am a bit troubled - about clothes. Maybe it's being surrounded by shirts with wide sleeves reaching just below the elbow in questionable colours every day. Or the fact that I have lived with the same little bag of clothes for three weeks. Or what seems to be the impossible task of finding good clothes stores in town. But anyway I definitely have to do something about my wardrobe! But how? My former clothes shopping guru expert Angelica has retired and I don't know if I dare to shop alone in a country with no taste.

Ok, stop! It's time for a completive break: This always happen - I face a problem and instead of confronting it and solve the god damn problem once and for all I give up. Whining about what a huge problem it is blah blah blah... Ok, so let's look further and find a solution:

I will get all my clothes from Sweden in a few weeks, that's a good thing. Meanwhile I can look in fashion magazines and such to find inspiration. And walk around Frankfurt window shopping. And think about what I really want to wear...

- Should I go for the fancy, snobbish look? Would be good at work and I like dressing up every now and then. But I have to watch - I can't stand brats!

- Or the rock'n'roll look? I would really like to but I just don't look rock'n'roll, no matter what I wear. Face it - I'm a good boy from a villa suburb with a good education and a good job and I never had any problems really - I'm not rock'n'roll. (The other week I suddenly got a rock'n'roll-wannabe urge and took on a nite belt and a key chain. Jarmo thought I looked gay and he was probably not the only one... ;)

- Maybe the sporty look? Yeah, this is me - I love sports (practising, not looking!) and I like to move, to feel free, comfortable. Fast. Fit.

- Howabout the Opel look - short-sleeved shirts with sleeves that go past the elbow and are really wide? If you ever see me in a shirt the German style please, please kill me!

-Why not the super market look, with very priceworthy clothes? No, I would never sink this low, just kidding. :)

- The sexy look? Right, where did that come from???

- The nature-friend, alternative look? Well, yes, I would love buying eco and fair-trade clothes but I don't want to look like a 50-year virgin! But I wouldn't mind some alternative looks. And nowadays there are more and more fashionable eco clothes coming up, so today you can be fair AND good looking.

Ok, sporty it is! I would say a sporty every-day wardrobe with a fancy, really good-looking set of clothes to be able to dress up when need be. As far as possible the clothes are fair-trade, eco clothes. Yeah, that's it. But where to find it??? I will look in town. In Gothenburg when I get home. In London. Berlin. The Internet of course. Yeah, I will just have to be patient. (ARGH!!! I am not patient!!! I hate waiting, I want it now, now, now!!! Oh, god, I'm such a child...)

See? Just keep on and a solution is found. And hope. And suddenly the existence isn't all that bad after all. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"My former clothes shopping guru expert Angelica has retired and I don't know if I dare to shop alone in a country with no taste."

Hmm... ever heard of mutual retirement? Or perhaps of misunderstandings en masse? Or of confusion and/or disappointment?

However, there is not much in this world that cannot be changed if change is wanted. Might be a good thing to remember once in a while.

/Guru