Sunday, July 15, 2007

Frankfurt am Main!!!

Finally!!! I have finally found another assignment (my boss doesn't give a shit) thanks to another boss who picked up an assignment as a Residential Engineer for Hitachi at Opel in Rüsselsheim, Germany. It's been "as good as certain" for ages but yesterday I finally got on the flight from Gothenburg to Frankfurt! :D

And I brought the heat! It's been 15-20 and rain for ages so I didn't quite trust the pilot claiming it would be 31 degrees in Frankfurt at 8 PM. Until I got out! I've been sweating constantly since... But it's good! :)

Frankfurt seems to be a nice place. Yesterday I drank Weissbier sitting on the south shore of Main watching the Frankfurt skyline and the people passing by. Today I heard Katie Melua playing outside the old opera, while resting under a tree watching the leaves and branches and the clear-blue sky.

Back home I found a nice hotel on the Internet - Hotel Domicil - very close to the main railway station (Hauptbahnhof). So, here I am writing this first report from Deutschland. And sweating, despite having opened the window and wearing nothing but a moist towel... Life's good! :D

Now I have to rest - tomorrow I'll meet a bunch of people from Hitachi and Opel and hopefully get started at the new assignment. And meeting a guy about an apartment. And finding the Frankfurt canoe club! Busy indeed! :) I'll be back!