Thursday, July 26, 2007

Slow progress

It sure isn't running swiftly at work - still I'm not really able to do much at all at work. I write most job related work from home...

But I signed in to the German system today! Meaning I went to the Anmeldeamt and said I was here and was about to stay a while. I had the E101 I applied for in Sweden with me as well as the assignment contract between me and my employer. They didn't really care about the contract (in Swedish only) and didn't even know what the E101 was! And they didn't ask for any paper proving that I live where I claimed to. Strange. But I got papers with loads of stamps! ;)

Yeah, it's quite at the moment... But that gives me time to think and contemplate life. :) I read some in a favourite book - André Comte-Sponville's A little book of philosophy. There's a line from Montaigne I really like: "You are not dying because you are ill - you are dying because you are alive!"

A funny thing I found: It seems the English word butt comes from the French le but. :)

No comments: