Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Slowly starting to work

Monday was a good day! I got to sleep in the morning. Met the Hitachi guys at the airport for a short introduction and lunch before we met the Opel people. They all turned out to be nice guys and it seems this assignment will be good!

The good times continued when I went to see an apartment I found on the Internet. It's very close to the main railway station and I will share it with Holger who lives there now. This means I get a fully equipped kitchen, Internet access and a flatmate! It's an old apartment, i.e. big rooms, nice old wooden floors and spacious. And reasonably priced - I'll pay €500, all inclusive. I bought the former flatmate's bike as well. Convenient! And a bonus: Just opposite works (lives?) a brasilian hooker who's not shy at all. We got a glimpse of her gordeous body... ;)

But that was still not all!! No, no, the luck never ended. I went to the Frankfurter Kanu-Verein and looked up what they had to offer. It turns out to be really nice people and they lend out kayaks for free if you're a member!

And it just kept on: Then I went to get my usual beer at the south shore of the Main and got a nice talk with the girl in the bar who new me by now. I then sat down at a table and started to drink my beer. It turns out there sits a beautiful woman and I start chatting. She - Andrea - turns out to live in Frankfurt with her son of 2,5 years working with insurance business. We swap numbers and I have a personal guide for Frankfurt! :)

Then I had another beer with my soon-to-be landlord Holger, his girlfriend and the former flatmate. We took a delicious italian ice-cream walking back home.

The end of a brilliant day!