Monday, September 10, 2007

Being a man

I've always been the little brother (even though I'm actually the big brother). People have always believed I'm younger than I really am and at the same time I have often worked with older people. So I have always been a little boy, in a sense, and liked that. When people have asked how old I am, I have always responded with "What do you think?" and got a guess 5 years younger!

Well, fuck that. I am a man, and I'm proud of it.

Yeah, I'm a man. I have gray hairs in increasing amounts. I have to epilate my back not to look like a gorilla. I have a bass tone competing with Elvis'. I love women. I did my military service. I was in the Swedish Sauna Masters' Final. I can kick your ass. I know how to please a woman. I know how to work. I look really good in a suit. There's nothing I couldn't build. I want to drive a Ferrari at 300 km/h. I want to rule the world.

But all that is just superficial bullshit, it doesn't make me a man.

No, what differs a man from a boy is that a man takes responsibility. He stands for his actions and views and he protects what he believes in and cares for. He doesn't hide, he doesn't wear a mask, he doesn't run away. He stands proud. Taking the consequences of his actions.

Amen

No comments: